Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Welcome Everyone!

Current count: 102 days until the BIG DAY!

Which is not much time in the way of planning, planning and more planning.

What is there to plan? Well...

A lot of the reception. Oh, I have an idea as to decorations and party nibbles... and I know where its taking place, but I am still working out a lot of the details... and lets not forget that I am having a second reception down in Texas for Richard's family and friends as most of them will not be able to travel here for the Utah reception.

The cake design has been decided, and the flavor as well (lemon raspberry) however, I am still looking for a better recipe than the one I currently possess as mine is a tad too soft for a stacked cake. There is also a problem with the leaf molds (oh, Autumn is the theme for the wedding) that I bought for the mints... the mints keep sticking to the silicon. I might have to wing this one and just roll them or use cookie cutters.

Invites... I still need to work up a list of who all I am sending invitations to, as well as get a list from my other half. Of course, I can't do much with this until my beloved moves up from Texas at the beginning of August and we have our invitation photos taken.... still, I'd like to check it off my list.

Honeymoon resort has been chosen... just need to make a reservation on it next month.

Plane tickets... for the reception in Texas. Rental car. Hotel room. Yikes... I'll worry about this later.

Anyway, the list is long and I am sure that I haven't even started thinking about some very important things!

This is where you come in.

I have no real idea what I am doing here, and am totally winging it as it is.

In the days to come I will be listing what plans I currently have.... what things I have already taken care of and what I still need to work on. Feel free to chime in gals at any time (comments or your own posts if you'd like... you all have permission to post here) with any ideas that come to mind, or things you think I may have forgotten or overlooked. This is definitely the time to play Devil's Advocate!

I'll also be posting pictures of my plans as they come into play.

No comments: