Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wedding Plans 101


Here's a bit of what I am planning for my wedding... just to get everyone up to speed on the lines that I am thinking. I need to figure out a widget to put in the toolbar with a checklist of things that I am now done with.... if anyone knows where I can find such a creature, please shout out or comment with the link!


Item #1 - Fiancé - check!

Item #2 - Dress - check! (It is shorter on me than in the shot...coming about mid-calf. Paired with a cute set of tan cowgirl boots, I think this will be absolutely darling....(see item #5 below)

Item #3 - Cowgirl boots - still need to find...darn my wide calves!

Item #4 - Cake - flavor picked (lemon raspberry) and we are now tweaking the recipe... think I can call this a check! Thanks to Cynthia for agreeing to take this one on... I can't thank you enough sweetie. My mom teases that this is my Tim Burton Corpse Bride cake (and I can totally agree with that since I am a big Tim Burton fan.... but I really love the look of this cake)

Item #5 - Cake Topper - check!

Item #6 - My Ring Set - check!

Item # 6.1 - Richard's Ring - check!

Item # 6.2 - My Second Ring (it will match Richard's)... being made as we speak (I need a ring to wear to work because my poor engagement band is easy to snag on things and is getting scratched up here... I wanted something simple to wear that I won't have to worry about as much).

Item #7 - Wedding Favors - I was going to bag up candy corn pumpkins in mini burlap bags, but realized I had a ton of leftover brown and cream tulle and ribbon from making wedding favors for Yancy & Leah... why not finish off the stuff? I think it will still look darling stuffed with the candy corn, if not quite as rustic as I'd originally planned.

Item #8 (I probably should have put this higher on the list) - Wedding Location - Mt Timpanogos Temple - check! (sorry, I don't seem to have any of the daylight shots I took of this temple on my computer at the moment)


Which leads to Item # 9 - Reception Location - my friend Cynthia's backyard - check! I am thrilled Tom and Cynthia agreed to let me dump this on them... the yard looks AMAZING guys! Thank you, thank you, thank you.... sorry I don't have a picture of the yard to post... but I think the final result with all of the decorations in place will be fantabulous.



Item #10 - Honeymoon - Reserve a Mountain Suite at Sundance Resort for 3 days... still need to do the reservation, but we decided we'd love to stay here and then we'll have another, longer honeymoon in the form of a road trip next year up the Pacific Hwy (we are both big fans of road trips)





I love all 4 of these bouquets... I guess I'll have to start looking around at silk flowers. Anyone good at making these things? I love the first one (yellow roses are my favorite flower), but the next two look very autumny and lovely, and I love the pop of color on the final bouquet... I guess I should make up my mind first, shouldn't I? Anyone have an opinion? I think I am really torn between the final two... I love the brown flowers added in bouquet #3, yet that riot of color keeps catching my eye in #4


The menu is mostly figured out, I think... basically tea sandwiches, fruits, veggies, nuts and I am making mints in the shape of autumn leaves in a maple flavor (I wanted a non-traditional flavor and, since they will be leaf shapes I thought, why not. I tested the mints the other night and they were really good....). I am thinking if the ceremony is in the late morning, maybe the family will want to go out to lunch before the reception... since all we are planning to serve at the reception is cake and munchies....

The following images are some ideas I have towards the look of the reception...


I love the idea of using a pumpkin to hold mulled apple cider instead of punch!

and how can I resist mini pumpkins holding down the tablecloth? And little piles of gourds would look divine. And I love love love the mini pumpkins with tea lights in them... of course, this will be a daytime reception, and the tea lights will have to be battery operated, but I still think they are the cutest things ever!

Since Richard and I are having a friend (thanks Tom!) officiate over an informal ring ceremony at the reception (for those unable to attend the temple wedding) Tom and Cynthia's daughter asked to be a flower girl (which I hadn't even thought about having). I think I may buy some silk leaves for her to sprinkle instead of the traditional flower petals....I wonder if these would be hard to clean up after?

okay... there is a lot more I could post, but I think I have overloaded you all enough for the moment....



1 comment:

Richard Gregg said...

Everything getting close in order