Monday, June 27, 2011

Flowers


Okay.... I am getting to like this "pay someone else deal with it" thing.

I found this gal on Etsy when I was searching for bouquet ideas... and, after noticing I had "favorited" a lot of different bouquets by the same gal, I realized I really liked her style; sort of rustic and sweet with a lot of charm.....

...so I sent her a request about doing a special order for a wedding bouquet, a bouquet to toss, a boutonniere for Richard, and a kissing ball for my little "flower girl" to carry around. I was debating about tossing in wrist corsages for the mothers and a boutonniere for the dads too.... but I don't want to go nuts here! Silk flowers add up just as quickly as real ones...

The bouquet would be in pale autumn colors and I asked about inserting some little twigs or some other woodsy element (see the image above). And there won't be a ribbon wrap on the stems, but a brown grapevine wire, which will look all loverly and earthy. Anyone want to let me know what they think? Feel free to hit her shop and look around at the other other bouquets out there.


I also love the look of these cute kissing balls with moss.... these would be super easy to make and I think they would look darling tucked here and there on the tables or wherever. Maybe I could just make one of these for my little flower gal?



4 comments:

Leah Z said...

Who is going to be your flower girl and what is a kissing ball?

Shawna said...

A kissing ball is just a flower covered ball with a ribbon hanger for the flower girl to carry... and the flower girl is going to be my friend Cynthia's daughter, Sarah

Shawna said...

http://www.etsy.com/listing/68745877/pick-the-color-rustic-woodland-roses

Leah, you can see a flower covered one at her etsy shop

Danielle said...

SOOOO cute! LOVE it! :D