Thursday, June 16, 2011

Band Update

Okay, Richard and I discussed the pros and cons in renting a band and, regardless, we'd have to use the iPod for part of the reception anyway.... so why rent a band that is only going to be around for 45 minutes (and who knows if they would want to break down their set immediately following) and then have to break from the party to run over and switch on the iPod.

There is also Leah's wonderful question (this is why I only surround myself with the best gals!) as to the "our song/first dance" and even a Daddy/Daughter dance.... judging by this guy's attitude when I met him the other day, I am pretty sure that these guys do not take requests.....

So the winner is the iPod.... by a landslide. Yes, a band would have been fun, but I am trying to keep this as simple and streamlined as possible. I do not want to have to worry about anything once the reception starts other than having a good time and being hospitable to everyone who shows.

No comments: