Saturday, June 18, 2011

"Guest Book" update... and more....

Checkmark this one as DONE!

I went to Michaels today and bought some paper leaves in copper (biodegradable!) for the flower basket...turns out they were on clearance, so I got an amazing deal, which is great considering I hadn't even gone into the store thinking about this.

I had actually gone to check for bouquet flowers...and to deal with my "Guest Book". I found a beautiful thick square glass to hold the stones, which I used a 50% coupon on, so it was only $10. Bonus on buying smooth river rocks... a 2 lb pack of approximately 15 off-white stones normally costs $3.99, so I had 6 bags tossed in my cart (figuring I could always buy more later) but they turned out to be on sale for $1 each, so I ran back and bought another 8 bags (honestly, if I need more than 200 rocks I will be seriously surprised!) After the wedding I will pick up a couple of cans of shellac to seal the well wishes written on them, so they will last...

I am really excited about this.... the gal at the checkout was asking what I planned to do with so many stones, and when I told her she and the gal in line behind me started oohing and aahing at how cute of an idea they thought it was! I figure that when Richard and I put these this vase in our home we can add some small black stones to offset all of the white and gray....

For silk flowers though, Michaels really disappointed me... not a single peony to be found (Richard and I looked over the bouquets I liked and we both really like the orange peony bouquet (with the teal ribbon stem... though I will pick another color). I stopped by Roberts on my way home and (hooray!) they had peonies. I picked up a stem in both yellow and orange to check against my dress, to see if they will look well. Roberts also had some lovely brown flowers if I decide to go to more of a mixed bouquet. I also fell in love with some orange and yellow poppies they carried... which would be a nice little nod to my paternal grandmother (who grew poppies) and would add more of a casual feel. Oh, and I was thinking of jewelry today to wear and I may just wear an off-white pearl necklace that was my maternal grandmother's, and whatever thing I decide to put in my hair (right now I am in love with the hairpiece below)


I think it will be lovely with my dress and add a pop of elegance to my look.... without making it overly dressy.

2 comments:

Leah Z said...

Decisive! Satisfying to cross the guest book off the list so quickly.

"a pop of elegance"? "Pop" isn't a very elegant word -- but I totally know what you mean. And anyone who uses "totally" as much as I do shouldn't question other's word choice. :)

Shawna said...

Yeah, you're right... I was thinking more of "pop of color" but elegance is what came out....

So... I know I already bought the green oak leaf clip, but what do you think of this one?