Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Music

Hey everyone.... I have been dithering quite a bit on if I should have a band or not. How about getting your opinions?

Its a local bluegrass band, which would be fun, but I don't want to overly focus on having a "country" wedding.... there are country elements, yes, but this is not specifically a western deal.

For those not in the know, I will be posting pictures of what I am planning this evening when I get home. I will, however, be wearing a mid-calf dress and, because it sounded fun, I will be buying and wearing a pair of cowgirl boots. I will not, however, be wearing a cowgirl hat.

My wedding topper is of a cowgirl in a mid-calf dress and cowgirl boots (she's even wearing her hair long and loose like I plan..how amazing is that?)who is slow dancing with her cowboy, who is wearing a suit and cowboy boots (like Richard is thinking of doing). The only thing different is that the topper groom is wearing a cowboy hat... which I don't think Richard plans to do. Not sure on that one....

But I digress. The decorations will follow an Autumn theme, and will be pumpkins and other gourds, leaves and the like and will take place outdoors. Country? Yes. Western? Not really....

So a bluegrass band would fit... and yet I think they would tip the balance from country to yee-haw western.

Personally, I am thinking it would be much easier to continue loading lovey-dovey music on my i-Pod and have it playing in the background and use that $200 elsewhere... besides, the plan is for sweet and simple and having a band just lifts it to a different level than I think I want.

What do you think?

4 comments:

Leah Z said...

Could you post a link to the band's website? I would like to hear the music before giving an opinion.

Also, are you going to have a bride/groom or daddy/daughter dance? If so, does the band play the song you want to dance to? If not, then you should probably go with an iPod. I think it would be weird to switch back and forth.

Shawna said...

Actually it was a demo CD but they sound typically bluegrass (think Alison Krauss and Union Station) but they would only play 45 mins to an hour for that $200 so they wouldn't be there for even the entire reception. I hadn't even thought of a daddy/daughter dance.... but the guy I talked to didn't seem too keen on requests or even doing this (I think he figured the dollar amount would scare me off?) Our song is "When you say nothing at all" so I figured I would be sure to have that on the iPod... crud... now I have to think of a father/daughter number too! That's also a reason I am thinking an iPod would work better.... I can have plenty of music in a playlist that would run the entire reception...

I should probably have Richard wheel me around the floor a few times before the wedding... I suck at following a guy's lead. Better get in some practice.....

Kathy said...

I like what you and Leah said :0)

Shawna said...

Yeah, but do you like the idea of a band or of the iPod? I am seriously thinking iPod......