Friday, June 17, 2011

Guest Book Alternatives

Just remembered the guest book....

I used one at my first marriage.... and only two pages were used... and only for signatures. It was tucked in a box with some other wedding stuff and not looked at again for years.



I got to brainstorming for alternatives...
I love the idea of having flat rocks for guests to sign with Sharpees
though maybe guests might not be so into it?
Not that I worry that anyone will think me odd...



I found an Etsy listing for a wedding puzzle.... guests sign the individual puzzle pieces. Then you can shellac it and hang it on the wall to enjoy for years to come.

So I am considering this... and I am also giving serious thought to the stones....
goodness knows I keep rocks around all over the place, and Richard loves rocks as well, so that would really be more of an "us" kind of thing...

I should probably admit I have been trying to come up with a way to incorporate rocks into my reception so I can keep them in a jar as a visual reminder of this very happy day.

Anyone want to chime in on this?

Although it sounds like I've already made up my mind on this, doesn't it? Richard, its time you chimed in on stuff here.... what do you think of this one? Too far out there?

3 comments:

Leah Z said...

I like the rocks, and they're less complicated than the puzzle (though that's a cool idea too). You're in trouble with the puzzle if you have more guests than puzzle pieces. And what do you do if someone messes up and wants to start over? It's just signatures so you shouldn't have too many problems, but one cup of cider spilled or one elbow bumped, and you've got a stained, scribbled-on keepsake for your wall.

Shawna said...

You know, that's a really good point girl....

Shawna said...

And though he hasn't posted it here, we did talk about it this morning and Richard does like the rock idea.