Wednesday, September 28, 2011

It all went well..... mostly......

Well, we survived it anyway.....

We did have a few hiccups.... bride in the emergency room the day before the wedding (severe abdominal pain that turned out to be cysts... the doctor was nice enough to send me home with pain pills and the threat of pending surgery, rather than just toss me into the OR and a hospital bedside wedding setting)

The wedding itself started late... the bride and family were scrambling at the last moment on the last minute touches and then I had to run and shimmy into my dress and curl my hair (and pop a pain pill!) This wasn't so bad though, considering guests were still arriving at 20 after the hour!

The weather was GORGEOUS! I could not have asked for a lovelier day for an outdoor wedding.... the decorations turned out rustic and fit us perfectly. (Thank you many times over to everyone who helped!)

I am, however, still kicking myself for not remembering to grab the maple pumpkin mints that I spent hours making.... they are still sitting in my refrigerator at home. I will have to freeze them for some future occasion....they can be tucked in next to my wedding cake.

I was given the gift of a honeymoon night up at Daniel's Summit Lodge.... with dubious directions that had us about 20 miles in the wrong direction! Still, we made it there and had a lovely evening.... my pains didn't kick in again until the middle of the night, but after a few hours I was able to get back to sleep. The next morning we had a nice drive in the mountains on our way back to "civilization" and to where my (I mean our) family was having a get-together BBQ.

I should have pictures in a week or so and will upload them as soon as they are available....

More later!

2 comments:

Leah Z said...

I thought you were actually pretty punctual for a wedding. The last one I attended the bridal party was an hour late and none of them were answering their cell phones to say, "Yes, we really are coming."

It was a lovely weekend, and I am so glad we could be a part of it.

Gerb said...

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures, Shawna! Wish we could have made it to the ceremony.